Horry Georgetown Technical College looks forward to welcoming families and friends to the 2013 Commencement ceremony as we recognize and celebrate the academic achievements and lasting contributions that our students have made to the College.
The 2013 Spring Commencement Ceremony will be held on Monday, May 11, 2013, 7:00 p.m.
Myrtle Beach Convention Center
2101 North Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 | View Map | Phone 843-918-1225
What you need to know about graduation:
- Apply for graduation
- Application steps & deadlines
- Graduation tickets
- Graduation attire, etiquette& reminders
- Special accommodations
What are the Steps? [top]
1) First, confer with your academic advisor to review your progress toward program
completion and determine whether you have successfully completed all courses necessary
for your associate degree, diploma, or certificate. You can find your assigned academic
advisor on WaveNet.
2) Complete an HGTC Application for Graduation. Download the Graduation application or pick up a copy at the Registrar's Office on the Conway Campus or the Admissions Office on the Grand Strand and Georgetown Campuses.
3) Return application to the Registrar's Office on the Conway Campus or the Admissions Office on the Grand Strand and Georgetown Campus with a copy of your Degree Works requirements found through WaveNet.
- Spring application deadline is March 1, 2012 for May 2012 completion
- Summer application deadline is June 1, 2012 for August 2012 completion
- Fall application deadline is October 1, 2012 for Fall 2012 completion.
On behalf of the entire college community, CONGRATULATIONS!
Graduation Tickets [top]
Ticket information will be posted on a later date closer to the event.
Attire, Etiquette, and General Reminders [top]
All participants are responsible for ordering proper academic regalia (cap, gown, and tassel). Only black regalia, ordered through the HGTC Barnes and Noble Bookstore, is acceptable wear. The purchase price of regalia is $35.98 (plus tax), and the regalia is yours to keep. Students should try on caps and gowns to insure proper fit and to make certain that a tassel is included. Students can purchase caps and gowns, graduation announcements, class rings, diploma frames, and other memorabilia during the Graduation Fair.
If there are problems with the regalia, contact the Barnes and Noble Bookstore at (843) 349-5220.
- All participants are required to stay for the entire ceremony (approximately 2 hours in length)
- Please help maintain the dignity of this special event by demonstrating appropriate, respectful behavior throughout the proceedings.
- There are no security services for coats, purses, or other personal items. The Myrtle Beach Convention Center and Horry Georgetown Technical College are not responsible for any personal items left in the assembly area.
- Please remember to bring pins, hair pins, and other such items you may need for securing caps.
- Be sure all cell phones and pagers are turned off or to silent mode prior to the start of the processional.
- This is YOUR moment - enjoy!
A professional photographer will be taking individual photos as degrees are awarded. Please be sure to face the photographer when shaking hands with the President.
Special Accommodations [top]
The Myrtle Beach Convention Center is handicapped-accessible; students or guests with disabilities that require special assistance during the ceremony need to contact Laura Milling, 843-349-5249.