Admissions: What type of student are you?

Transient/Summer Students

If you're home for the summer and want to take a few courses toward your degree, or if you're working here this summer and want to use your time wisely, you are a transient/summer student.

Follow These Easy Steps to Enroll at HGTC:

1. Submit an Application.

Choose one of the following methods to apply to HGTC:
  • Complete the application online.
  • Apply in person at one of our three campuses.
  • Download the application and mail it to HGTC at:
Horry Georgetown Technical College
P.O. Box 261966
Conway, SC 29528-6066
Each application must be submitted along with a non-refundable$30 fee.

2. Submit a completed Transient Student Form.

This may be called something different at each college; however, it is a form that shows us that someone at your home institution has approved for transfer the course(s) that you are taking at HGTC. The Admissions Office will register you for the indicated course(s).

For detailed information about course equivalencies, transfer procedures, and much, much more, visit

3.  Pay your tuition and fees by the deadline to avoid being dropped from classes.

Check the Academic Calendar for these important dates.

  • After your application is complete, you will receive your HGTC student ID number, called an “ H-number”. Be sure to make a copy of this number for your home and carry your H-number card when you're on campus
  • You will also receive a Username and Password for access to WaveNet, the college-information site.You will have a WaveNet account so that you can check financial aid, account balance, grades, email, and much more.On each campus, WaveNet Central can assist you in navigating this useful site.

Need help?

Stop by any of our three campuses, give us a call at (843) 349-5277, or email us at