Transfer StudentsIf you have taken courses at another college or university, regardless of grades earned or how long ago you attended, you are a transfer student.
Follow These Easy Steps to Transfer to HGTC:
1. Submit an Application.Choose one of the following methods to apply to HGTC:
- Complete the Application online
- Apply in person at one of our three campuses
- Download the Application and mail it to HGTC at:
Horry Georgetown Technical College
P.O. Box 261966
Conway, SC 29528-6066
Each application must be submitted along with a non-refundable $30 fee.
2. Begin the Financial Aid processNo matter how you intend to pay for tuition and fees, it's a good idea to begin the Financial Aid application process when you apply to HGTC. Learn more about Financial Aid.
3. Submit official college transcript(s) and a final officail high school transcript
Request an official high school transcript, with your graduation date posted, be sent directly to the College at the address above.
Request official transcripts from each college you previously attended be sent direclt to HGTC.
Transcripts must show that you have completed at least one college-level math course
and one college-level English composition course, with an earned grade of "C" or above
in these two courses. Developmental / remedial college courses are not applicable
nor transferable. If you do not meet these requirements, you can submit SAT or ACT
test scores that are no less than 5 years old, or take the COMPASS placement test to determine your course placement. You can take the COMPASS test in any one of
HGTC's Testing Centers. This test is free to College applicants.
4. Meet with a New Student Enrollment Advisor or Academic Advisor
An Advisor will help you create an academic plan and assist with your scheduling of
classes, so make sure you see an advisor as soon as you have completed the admissions
process. New Student Enrollment Advisors see students on a walk-in basis all year
long, so there's no need for an appointment. However, please try to avoid the busiest
time, which is right before the beginning of each semester.
If you have questions about the advisement process, email the staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes about Transfer:
- Course(s) being transferred must be equal in content to the course(s) required in your major at Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- In order to transfer credit, you must have made a grade of "C" or better in the subject.
- Credit for a course must show on an official transcript from the granting institution, and an official copy of this transcript must be on file at Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Transfer credit does not influence your GPA while attending Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Credits transferred and/or exempted from other institutions may not exceed 75% of the total credits required for graduation by Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Acceptance and evaluation of all transfer credits are at the discretion of the Registrar and department chairs, when applicable.
Some majors at HGTC are continually changing due to the nature of the profession.
The following courses have transfer time limits:
Time Limits On Transfer Credits:
|Limit||Prefix/Course||Major/ Subject Area|
|1 Year||PNR||Practical Nursing|
|2 Years||DAT||Expanded Duty Dental Assisting|
|NUR||Associate Degree Nursing|
|5 Years||BIO||Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Surgical Tech majors only|
|IST||Information Systems Technology|
|LEG||Legal Assistant, Paralegal|
|AHS||Allied Health Science|
|BAF||Banking and Finance|
|MAT||Associates Degree in Nursing major only|
|OST||Office Systems Technology|