How to Apply for Financial Aid
The financial aid process can take 6-8 weeks, so it is important to apply early. It
is necessary to re-apply every year.
- To apply for financial aid, a student should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), online at fafsa.ed.gov.
- You must first get your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov and, if a dependent student, a PIN for at least one parent or guardian. The PIN will allow you and your parent or guardian to electronically sign your FAFSA application.
- HGTC’s school code is 004925. You must include this code on your report so that HGTC’s Financial Aid Office will receive an electronic copy of your FAFSA to confirm your eligibility.
- Students must check their WaveNet accounts to determine if all FAFSA requirements are met; if not, financial aid awards are delayed. WaveNet accounts provide account balances, student requirements, and more. Visit WaveNet Central for assistance.
- To obtain priority for financial aid awards or scholarships for the following Fall Semester, applications should be submitted prior to April 1.
NOTE: New students and former students not enrolled for one year or more must apply for admission to HGTC. A student may apply for financial aid prior to admission, but no financial aid awards can be made until a student has applied and is accepted in an approved program of study. Financial aid does not cover the required college application fee of $30.