Arts, Science & University Transfer

Education Transfer - Associate in Arts

If your academic goal is to become a teacher, then you should consider HGTC's Associate in Arts - Education Transfer degree. Students who are interested in transferring to a Teacher Education program at Coastal Carolina University or other senior institution should contact their Academic Advisor for assistance in course selection. It is also important for you to contact the Transfer Admissions Office of the transfer institution early in order to determine appropriate courses for transfer. 

Visit to view transfer programs for education majors at Coastal Carolina University and other senior institutions. 

Admission to the Professional School of Education at senior institutions requires passing scores on the PRAXIS I; HGTC offers PRAXIS preparation opportunities (IDS 104). 

Credit Requirements: 64 semester credit hours