Item Lending Period and Overdue Fines
- Circulating Books: 3 weeks/1 renewal $.10 per day
- Reference Books: library use only not applicable
- Reserve Materials:3 hours/library use only $.25 per hour
- Study Rooms:3 hours/no renewal $.25 per hour
- Circulating DVDs/Videos: 21 days/1 renewal $.10 per day
- Laptops/Conway campus: 3 days/no renewal
- eReaders: 2 weeks/no renewal
- iPads & Tablets: 3 days/no renewal
- Magazines: library use only not applicable
- Popular Movies: 3 days/no renewal $.25 per day
**Library items may be renewed by phone or online if they are not overdue.**
When library materials are lost or damaged, patrons will be responsible for the publisher's price of each item plus a $5.00 processing fee not to exceed a total cost of:
- Circulating Book: $60.00
- Circulating DVD: $75.00
- Popular Movies: $30.00
- Reserve Materials: Replacement Cost + $5.00 Processing Fee
In order to borrow from the HGTC libraries, a patron's account must be cleared of
all fines. Student account holds will be placed on every account with overdue books
or $5.00 or more in fines. Students with student account holds will be blocked from
receiving transcripts and all borrowing privileges will be revoked. Please see a librarian
at the campus nearest you to pay fines for any lost materials and processing charges.
When the account is cleared of all fees,student account holds will be removed.
Each campus library offers private study rooms that can hold anywhere from one to
four people - perfect for quietly studying for an exam or working with a group on
a project. Click here to view the study room policy.
Computer and Internet Policies
Computers in the library are provided for educational purposes only. Priority is always
given to students conducting school-related research or work. Chat rooms and illicit
Internet sites are strictly prohibited at all HGTC campus libraries. Computers are
carefully monitored at each campus to prevent this type of use. See the library's computer policy and the college's computer policy (see section 7.2.3).
The Library of Horry Georgetown Technical College will accept gifts with the understanding that they will not necessarily be added to the collection. Donor Form will be filled out and submitted with gift. Gifts are acknowledged with a form letter.